Climate Change Adaptation in the Health Sector Using Integrated Water Resources Management Tools
Sustainable Development Goals: 7, 12, 13
- SDG 7 - Affordable and Clean Energy
- SDG 12 - Responsible Consumption and Production
- SDG 13 - Climate Action
The training modules were developed within the framework of the United Nations Development Account (UNDA) project on “Developing the Capacities of the Arab Countries for Climate Change Adaptation by Applying IWRM Tools”. The modules build upon work conducted under the Regional Initiative for the Assessment of Climate Change Impacts on Water Resources and Socio-Economic Vulnerability in the Arab Region (RICCAR) and seek to assist Arab countries in developing their adaptive capacity by applying IWRM tools in five strategic sectors, namely: Agriculture, environment, health, human settlement and economic development.
The project was led by ESCWA and the modules were prepared by the following organizations:
- Environment module: United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment);
- Agriculture module: Arab Center for the Studies of Arid Zones and Dry Lands (ACSAD) and Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ);
- Health module: World Health Organization, Centre for Environmental Health Activities (WHO/CEHA);
- Human settlements module: Arab Countries Water Utilities Association (ACWUA);
- Economic development module: Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA).