COVID-19 and Intergenerational Equity | 10 September 2021
Sustainable Development Goals: 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 16
- SDG 1 - No Poverty
- SDG 3 - Good Health and Well-Being
- SDG 5 - Gender Equality
- SDG 8 - Decent Work and Economic Growth
- SDG 10 - Reduced Inequalities
- SDG 16 - Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
UNICEF Global Development Commons and the Lancet COVID-19 Commission: "COVID-19 and Intergenerational Equity"
Opening remarks by the Lancet COVID-19 COMMISSION Chairman, ProfESSOR Jeffrey Sachs
The focus of this webinar is to understand how COVID has affected issues of age and generational equity. It will address the concerns related to ethics and fairness of how the pandemic affects people of all ages. These include employment, the growing generation gaps, changing norms and practices of gender roles, among others. This discussion is part of a larger conversation to guide policy responses towards these dilemma and, how we can contribute to new consensuses of generational equity.
Friday, 10 September 2021 | 9:00-10:15AM Eastern Time
Watch the recording:
Karl Andrew Pillemer, Professor of Gerontology, Cornell University
- Peter Lloyd-Sherlock, Professor of Social Policy and International Development, Norwich, United Kingdom
- Natalia Winder-Rossi, Director, Programme Division Social Policy and Social Protection, UNICEF