Evaluating Humanitarian Action, Training Course - Session Summaries
April 29, 2020
Sustainable Development Goals: 16
- SDG 16 - Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
This document describes the training course on Evaluating Humanitarian Action.
Session 1 - Describing and locating EHA
This session will look at:
- The definitions and understandings of Evaluation of Humanitarian Action (EHA)
- The increasingly wide range of activities and scenarios relevant to HA
- The challenges this wide range presents Session objective:
- To emphasise the importance of not treating all HA as the same.
- To introduce the importance of choosing appropriate standards, indicators, and frameworks for differing HA contexts and types Key messages
- HA is increasingly diffuse as a concept, as reflected in all encompassing policies and objectives, many of which border on developmental activities
- Major differences in HA contexts, aims and methods require different HA frameworks and perhaps approaches. The use of appropriate, context specific standards and indicators for EHA in different situations is necessary