GDC and the Lancet COVID-19 Commission: Policy Dialogue on Social Protection
Sustainable Development Goals: 1, 3, 10, 16
- SDG 1 - No Poverty
- SDG 3 - Good Health and Well-Being
- SDG 10 - Reduced Inequalities
- SDG 16 - Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
The GDC and the Lancet COVID-19 Commission Present: "Policy Dialogue on Social Protection"
A policy dialogue on social protection in collaboration with the Evaluation Office and the Social Policy Section. How are social protection programs responding to the needs of vulnerable groups during COVID and what more can be done in the next two years?
The event included opening remarks from Henrietta Fore, the Executive Director of UNICEF and Jeffrey Sachs, the Chairman of the Lancet COVID-19 Commission.
- Ibrahim Abubakar, Director of the Institute of Global Health at the University College London (UCL)
- Michael Samson, Director of Research at the Economic Policy Research Institute (EPRI) in South Africa
- Natalia Winder-Rossi, Associate Director of Social Policy at UNICEF
- Valerie Schmitt, Deputy Director of Social Protection at the International Labour Organization (ILO)
Co-chairs of the Task Force on Humanitarian Action, Social Protection and Vulnerable Groups:
- Gabriela Cuevas Baron, Honorary President of the Inter-Parliamentary Union
- George Laryea-Adjei, Director of Evaluation at UNICEF
- Vaira Vike-Freiberg, Former President of Latvia
Session moderator: Uyen Kim Huynh, Innovation Specialist at UNICEF