GDC: Global Youth Webinar
Sustainable Development Goals: 3, 9
- SDG 3 - Good Health and Well-Being
- SDG 9 - Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
Remarks from Henrietta Fore, Executive Director of UNICEF
"I dream that in the years to come we will not be in a world that is hierarchical; but we will have places like the Global Development Commons that gives you the power and allows you to create solutions wherever you are. That we can teach and share with other people, and we learn from each other. The purpose of the Global Development Commons is to shift the balance of power - the balance of power lies in your hands. You learn what you want to learn somewhere in the world that you can build on wherever you are. It empowers you as the individual."
Make your voices heard, today!
The Executive Director, Henrietta Fore, believes it's time young people take a seat at the development table and make your voices heard - because she is listening.
Join to learn more about how to contribute and showcase your work on the GDC and become a part of the GDC Youth Community. We can’t wait to see you there!
In the spirit of collaboration, the UNICEF GDC team along with its GDC Champions devoted some time to a problem-solving session with youth participants, globally. Their perspectives included innovative, creative and exciting ideas and solutions to address problems most of us face - from climate change, to education.
We call on new and old voices to share your ideas to the Global Development Commons. At UNICEF, we recognize that the ideas, skills and perspectives from youth are not to be underestimated. The GDC is a place for you to share your perspectives on decisions that directly affect your lives and futures.
What can the GDC offer young researchers?
Key takeaways from the webinar
These are some of the key ideas and solutions presented by the young attendees.
- There is a need for local-based and bottom-up solutions.
- There are many actions we, as global citizens, can take to lower the digital divide in lower-penetrated regions.
- Young people need a digital space to connect with each other for support and skill-building.
- There is no singular model for countries to address COVID-19 and the issues that come along with it like the digital divide, access to healthcare and education.
- Public-private partnerships are the way forward for most countries preparing for COVID-19 recovery efforts.
We hope to see more of your ideas on the GDC!