Meeting the Sexual and Reproductive Health Needs of Young Married Women and First-time Parents Toolkit
May 04, 2020
Sustainable Development Goals: 3, 5, 16
- SDG 3 - Good Health and Well-Being
- SDG 5 - Gender Equality
- SDG 16 - Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
The toolkit includes:
- Publications that supply evidence and programmatic experience, which can inform intervention design or be used in advocacy activities
- Curricula and guidance developed for health providers, community health workers, and small group leaders who are involved in programs targeting YMW and FTPs
- Behavior and social norm change tools, guidance for implementers, and service delivery tools.
The materials in the toolkit address a range of topics relevant to meeting the needs of first-time parents (FTPs) and young married women (YMW), such as: contraception, healthy timing and spacing of pregnancy (HTSP), couples' communication and building healthy relationships, maternal and newborn health, gender equality, gender-based violence (GBV), HIV prevention, and lifeskills.
Access this toolkit here: https://toolkits.knowledgesuccess.org/toolkits/meeting-ftp-needs