Real-Time Assessment (RTA) of UNICEF’s Ongoing Response to COVID-19 in Eastern and Southern Africa
Sustainable Development Goals: 3, 16
- SDG 3 - Good Health and Well-Being
- SDG 16 - Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
This light-touch regional analysis of the UNICEF response to COVID-19 in the Eastern and Southern Africa Region (ESAR) was undertaken between October 2020 and January 2021. It has involved a desk-based review of secondary information and data provided by UNICEF ESARO Evaluation Section and analysis of results of surveys administered to UNICEF COs and their partners.
It aimed at answering four overarching questions:
- (i) how have UNICEF COs adapted to the COVID-19 pandemic and to evolving needs?;
- (ii) how can the implementation and quality of the COVID-19 response be characterised?;
- (iii) what are the emerging themes?; and
- (iv) what are the early lessons?