UNICEF Philippines Achievements in 2020
Sustainable Development Goals: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 16
- SDG 1 - No Poverty
- SDG 2 - Zero Hunger
- SDG 3 - Good Health and Well-Being
- SDG 4 - Quality Education
- SDG 5 - Gender Equality
- SDG 6 - Clean Water and Sanitation
- SDG 10 - Reduced Inequalities
- SDG 16 - Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
Thank you for championing children’s rights!
Our mission: We work day in, day out, in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the children and young people who are most at risk and most in need. We work to save their lives. To protect their rights. To keep them safe from harm. To give them a childhood in which they’re protected, healthy and educated. To give them a fair chance to fulfil their potential.
Without coordinated action, the consequences for children will be severe. This year and going forward, we continue to count on our partners, donors and supporters as we strive to achieve our Six Point Agenda for Children:
- Ensure all children learn, including by closing the digital divide.
- Guarantee access to health and nutrition services and make vaccines affordable and available to every child.
- Support and protect the mental health of children and young people and bring an end to abuse, gender-based violence, and neglect in childhood.
- Increase access to clean water, sanitation and hygiene and address environmental degradation and climate change.
- Reverse the rise in child poverty and ensure an inclusive recovery for all.
- Redouble efforts to protect and support children and their families living through conflict, disaster and displacement.
UNICEF COVID-19 Response
2020 was a year unlike any other. UNICEF provided emergency support to help stop the spread of COVID-19 in the Philippines and protect the lives of children and their families.
Key results in 2020
- 83,000 health and community workers provided with personal protective equipment.
- 15,000 health and sanitary workers trained on COVID-19 infection prevention and control for health care facilities.
- Information campaigns promoting hygiene and safety practices to protect oneself and others from COVID-19 reached 34.2 million people.
- Began support to the Department of Health in drafting the COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout Policy Framework and Vaccine Deployment & Immunization Plan.