VACCINE EQUITY: How do we get there?
Sustainable Development Goals: 3, 16
- SDG 3 - Good Health and Well-Being
- SDG 16 - Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
Co-hosted by the Lancet COVID-19 Commission and UNICEF Global Development Commons
April 27, 2021 (Tuesday) | 12:00-1:15pm EDT
Click to REGISTER NOW!
The Lancet COVID-19 Commission and its recent publication states that multilateral efforts must be made to intensify measures to minimize community transmission alongside rapid deployment of COVID-19 vaccines. This webinar will address the global priority that UNICEF has set forth in building a global movement for vaccine affordability, availability and equity as a contribution to overall strengthening of health systems and improved health outcomes for children. UNICEF is among the lead agencies that is able to move massive shipments of vaccines to a number of countries. We will hear from leading experts what the main problems are related to COVAX, its impact on children, and how to best address this through a multilateral approach.
- Professor Jeffrey Sachs, Chairman of Lancet COVID-19 Commission
- Dr. Aboubacar Kampo, UNICEF Director, Health Section, Programme Division
- Irwin Redlener, MD, Pediatrician and Director of Pandemic Resource and Response Initiative, The Earth Institute at Columbia University
- Ronald Labonte, PhD, Professor in the School of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Ottawa, Lancet COVID-19 Commission Task Force member
- Etleva Kadilli, UNICEF Director of Supply Division